Life in Tasmania provides a quality work/life balance. Here you can pursue what drives you, both professionally and personally.
- Above award salary package
- Accredited department with a focus on education
- Laid back, affordable lifestyle
You will be working in an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community. You will be working alongside over 1200 full time equivalent staff in multidisciplinary teams across two acute hospitals, three district hospitals and seven community health centres.
The health service serves a population of over 160,000 and faces a number of challenges with high levels of chronic disease and an ageing population.The health service works in close partnership with general practice and other health and social care providers throughout the region.
The regional Emergency Medicine service functions across the two acute hospitals. The first ED has an annual attendance rate of 27,600 patients per year with a 28% admission rate. It treats a broad range of patients including major trauma cases. The second ED has an annual attendance rate of 29,000 per year with a 17% admission rate, of which half are short stay admissions. Transfers to other acute facilities account for 3% of presentations.
- As an Emergency Medicine Specialist you will provide specialist treatment and care for public hospital patients in the Department of Emergency Medicine
- You will join a group of collegiate consultants with diverse skills and a common culture of safe patient and staff care
- Accredited by ACEM for 12 months advanced training and diploma courses in Emergency Medicine you will be involved in teaching and training of registrars and junior doctors
- You will be required to participate in an out-of-hours on call roster
- In addition you will be supported in an academic appointment with the University of Tasmania, if desired
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive salary package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Relocation assistance
- Affordable housing
- High quality education system
- Beautiful coastlines and world class beaches, rugged mountains, highland lakes, and extensive heritage listed wilderness
- Specialist or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia in a relevant specialty
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine (or equivalent) or be close to completing your Fellowship, new fellows are encouraged to apply
- Current driver’s licence
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.