Join a dynamic multidisciplinary team of clinicians providing comprehensive Emergency Medicine services to this region
- Diverse case mix
- Flexible rostering and leave arrangements
- FIFO arrangements can be supported
This hospital is the major centre in the Midwest district of WA. It has 66 hospital beds for acute medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity patients. The hospital provides a 24-hour Emergency Department. It also provides a range of services including chemotherapy, renal dialysis, a hospital at home visiting service, medical imaging, pathology and same day surgery.
You will be working in a busy regional emergency department seeing around 40,000 presentations a year. You will see a broad case mix including a significant number of high acuity and trauma presentations as well as receiving interhospital transfers from throughout the region.
The ED is the local referral centre for patient transfers from surrounding smaller facilities and is often involved in the provision of critical care and stabilisation of patients prior to aeromedical retrieval to tertiary centres.
- Join a dynamic multidisciplinary team of clinicians providing comprehensive Emergency Medicine services
- You will be working in a busy regional emergency department seeing around 40,000 presentations a year.
- You will see a broad case mix including a significant number of high acuity and trauma presentations as well as receiving interhospital transfers from throughout the Region.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of direct patient care; coordination of patient transfers and retrievals; promoting the provision of high quality care and patient safety within the ED; and providing leadership, mentorship and education to ED Senior Medical Practitioners, registrars and RMOs.
- Opportunities also exist for a range of clinical-support portfolios.
- Salary package Year 1 - 9 - $357,246 - $454,880pa
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Other professional and location based allowances
- 10% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Beachside living alongside rural life in a thermometer friendly environment
- Eligibility for specialist registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
If this Emergency Medicine Consultant position is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.