Work in the major referral centre for Northern QLD and sail the Whitsundays on your day off!
- Provide your expertise in renal pathology
- Excellent salary package
- Supportive network of pathologists
You will be working for the statewide pathology service within a networked system of 33 laboratories. These laboratories consist of district laboratories in rural hospitals, group laboratories in large regional hospitals and unit base laboratories providing tertiary referral services in the metropolitan teaching hospitals. You will be joining a service with approximately 1,500 consultant pathologists, scientists, technicians, operational and administrative staff.
You will be based in a tertiary referral hospital with over 580 beds that provides a number of services including cardiac, obstetric, gynaecological, paediatric, orthopaedic, oncology, neonatal and intensive care. The hospital has recently been announced as the site of Queensland’s second renal transplant service.
- As Consultant Anatomical Pathologist, you will provides a diagnostic service in all aspects of anatomical pathology including renal
- Ideally you will have renal expertise and renal transplant expertise
- You will work in a well equipped new laboratory with state of the art equipment
- You will be part of a team of 3 FTE experienced Anatomical Pathologists, with support from 2 rotating registrars
- An experienced scientific team provides full support including cut up
- You will participate in professional continuing educational activities of the department and organisation, alongside specific meetings, laboratory/department meetings and or multidisciplinary team meetings as appropriate
- You will participate equitably in the Anatomical Pathologists' on call roster as required
- You will provide leadership and mentoring for Anatomical Pathology registrars and others working in the department
- Excellent salary package inclusive of base salary, superannuation, Motor Vehicle allowance, Professional Development allowance and Attraction and Retention allowance
- Salary packaging
- Generous leave allowances
- Regional lifestyle with tertiary medicine
- Supported by a statewide network of pathologists
- This thriving city has a variety of world class education facilities, leading edge health care, affordable housing, unique retailing, spectacular events and entertainment, dining precincts and a wide range of outdoor recreation options close to the Whitsundays
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (FRCPA) or equivalent
- Demonstrated renal expertise and, desirable is renal transplant expertise
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.