Work in a busy regional hospital with an interesting case mix.
- Opportunity to combine public and private practice
- Sub-specialty interests supported - chronic pain, ICU
- Live in a region that offers the warmest climate in Victoria
You will be working at a 172-bed Level 1 tertiary teaching hospital that services approximately 80,000 people. The hospital provides a range of acute services in emergency, maternity, intensive care, rehabilitation, community services, psychiatric in and out patient care, palliative care, renal dialysis and chemotherapy services. The hospital also provides medical imaging and pathology services.
The hospital has a number of affiliations with major Victorian universities to provide both undergraduate and postgraduate Medical, Nursing and Allied health education, clinical placements and training.
- Working in a collaborative team environment, as Staff Specialist Anaesthetist, you will provide exceptional anaesthetic services to patients within a multidisciplinary team of medical officers and nursing staff
- Your anaesthesia work will encompass a range of surgical specialties, emergency and elective cases, preoperative assessment of patients and involvement in acute postoperative pain management
- This role is a permanent, full time position, required to participate in the on-call roster
- You will work alongside the Clinical Director and 3 Consultant Anaesthetist colleagues, with the support of Registrars
- You will provide clinical leadership, supervision and teaching of junior medical staff
- Sub-specialty interests can be facilitated
- Opportunities to pursue private practice at the local private hospital
- Base salary range is $235,721.20 to $324,121.20 per year, plus additional rural incentive allowance
- Remuneration inline with the AMA Victoria -Victorian Public Health Sector -Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
- Professional development opportunities and CME allowances
- Salary packaging
- Free parking
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation assistance
- Direct flights into a number of metropolitan cities
- With an abundance of quality restaurants, cafes, retail, and outdoor activities, including motor and water sports, this city is a great place to live and work
- The region offers great educational opportunities with a selection of private, Catholic and public schools
- Current AHPRA registration as a Specialist or the ability to gain registration
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) and/or equivalent
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.