Become part of a close-knit community of health professionals in Australia’s largest outback city.
- Work for the largest health service in Australia
- Varied cultural and medical challenges
- Discover the financial benefits available working in rural and remote healthcare
The 106-bed general hospital is the second largest regional public hospital in WA. It is a public hospital that houses an emergency department and provides a range of services including an oncology unit, obstetric services, maintenance renal dialysis unit, paediatric services, psychiatric unit, palliative care unit and areas for allied health services such as physiotherapy, occupational health, audiology, dietetics, podiatry and social work. It services more than 50,000 residents as well as outlying towns, and rural and remote communities.
- As Consultant Anaesthetist, you will provide a high standard of anaesthetic care to patients
- You will provide administrative leadership in combination with other Anaesthetists and take responsibility for policy development and review
- Anaesthetists will provide training, supervision and education for GP Anaesthetists, Senior Medical Practitioners and Doctors in Training
- Full and part-time appointments considered for 5 years with possibility of extension
- Indicative package $355,763 - $452,953 p.a.
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation into a fund of your choice
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance
- Other professional and location based allowances
- This town is a hub for the Rural Clinical School of Western Australia, with excellent shopping, school and recreational opportunities, a gateway to explore the outback
- Both Qantas and Virgin Australia fly with regular services from Perth, flights take approximately 1 hour
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Significant experience in rural and remote Anaesthetic provision and sound understanding of remote area health service provision is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.