Reap the benefits of a regional lifestyle and 10 minute commute times.
- FANZCA or equivalent qualification from a comparable healthcare country
- Exceptional professional development opportunity
- Located halfway between Sydney and Brisbane
This 100 bed rural referral hospital underwent a $60 million redevelopment in early 2018, with brand new intensive care and day surgery units. Services provided include anaesthetics, psychiatry, general medicine, surgery, day surgery, elective surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, renal dialysis, oncology, chemotherapy, paediatrics and rehabilitation, intensive care and emergency department.
- This hospital is seeking to appoint Anaesthetists who wish to pursue a career in a rural environment
- As Consultant Anaesthetist, you will provide safe, efficient and effective Anaesthetic services including providing support to a 5 bed HDU and conducting preoperative outpatient consultancy services
- You will join an established team of Anaesthetists which includes 2 Visiting Medical Officers, GP Anaesthetists, Career Medical Officers and Registrars
- You will undertake supervision and education of junior medical staff and other relevant staff to foster safe clinical practice
- You will participate in an on-call roster as required
- The Anaesthesia department is affiliated clinically and in teaching, with the University of New England and there is an opportunity for conjoint appointments with Joint Medical Program, University of New England, if desired
- Competitive remuneration package
- Interesting and challenging work
- Located in a cosmopolitan university city with an active arts and cultural community, 475 km north of Sydney, and almost the same distance south of Brisbane
- The local airport provides regular flights to Sydney and Brisbane
- The region boasts spectacular world-heritage national parks, cool-climate vineyards, galleries, museums, shopping, fine food and wine. Canyoning, mountain biking and cycling, fishing and other outdoor adventures are all on offer, plus more
- Come and enjoy much of what large metropolitan cities have to offer affordable housing, strong educational facilities and only a 10 minute commute to work
- You will be well supported by a team of colleagues with a good mix of experience and enthusiasm, providing mentoring and support
- Specialist registration or eligible for specialist registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) and/or equivalent specialist recognition
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.