Opportunity to impact this regional health service providing a high level of strategic leadership and direction.
- Key clinical leadership role
- Lead an engaged team across the obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatric service
- Life in Tasmania is unlike anywhere else - refreshing, affordable and full of adventure
You will be working for an innovative and dynamic health service that covers a population of approximately 116,000, across two major sites located approximately 50km apart. The health service provides obstetrics and gynaecology and paediatric services.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology provides a consultative service and is supported by a level 4 neonatal unit and 8 bed intensive care unit. There are approximately 1000 births annually and staffing includes experienced midwives with highly respected MGP scheme. The outreach services are located at regional centres. The current senior staffing mix includes full time and part time Specialists, in addition the health service is RANZCOG accredited for 2 core trainees. The gynae service includes urodynamics, colposcopy and laparoscopy.
The Paediatrics department provides a consultative service supported by inpatient and outpatient services, as well as outreach services located at regional centres. The department provides a neonatal service, busy inpatient service, general, behavioural and community paediatrics service. The current senior staffing mix includes full time and part time Specialists, in addition the health service is accredited with the RACP for Registrar training.
The Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania is located on campus, and the health service participates in a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program with the Rural Clinical School.
- As Clinical Director, you will provide a high level of strategic leadership and direction, ensuring resources are efficiently utilised, services are effectively integrated within the hospital and the highest standards of service delivery are achieved in accordance with hospital/service policy directions, service standards and financial targets
- Along with the Nursing Director - Women's and Children's, you will provide clinical leadership, establish and oversees planning and/or reconfiguration of services, review resource utilisation and develop appropriate strategies; plans and procedures for the department in addition to participating in budget formulation and the analysis of budget performance
- You will takes responsibility for ensuring continuous service delivery and management of the temporary and permanent medical workforce
- You will encourage and facilitate teaching and research and ensure training and standards are maintained to meet accreditation pertaining to relevant specialist college/s
- You will provide specialist medical care to patients attending the hospital/service
- This is a fixed-term full time position working 76 hours per fortnight for three years.
- Competitive remuneration, plus exceptional benefits
- Indicative base range $143,404 to $200,765 + allowances + super
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible work/life balance
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Tasmania offers a brilliant lifestyle for families, with affordable housing, excellent access and choice of education located within strong and vibrant rural and urban centres
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) in Paediatrics or Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologistsother or equivalent
- If you are an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, solid generalist O&G skills will be an advantage or if you are a Paediatrician, exposure to rural and community paediatrics will be beneficial
- Current driver's license
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.