Build and lead an exceptional team in coastal paradise. Have the best of both worlds.
- Rewarding salary package up to $432,617 p.a
Progressive health service
- Arguably one of the most beautiful regions of Queensland
This hospital and health service provides health services to a fast growing regional area. Across the health service, a range of specialty services are provided including acute care, surgical, medical, maternity, mental health rehabilitation and aged care services by two hospitals. The Hospitals provide care in some major adult specialties and provide support to the surrounding smaller rural hospitals in the health service.
This hospital is the acute 142-bed facility, it is currently undergoing a major multi-million-dollar upgrade including an expanded Emergency Department, ICU and Education Centre.
- The Clinical Director General Surgery will build and lead an exceptional performing team, delivering excellent surgical clinical care, fostering a rich training and learning environment and develop the strategic academic vision.
- Work collaboratively with General Manager - Division of Surgery, Nursing Director and other Directors to deliver an effective overall general surgical service
- Assume overall responsibility for the delivery of specialist services in General Surgery, ensuring provision of an effective seven day a week consultant lead model of care
- Manage delivery of patient care in General Surgical Services, including the management of complex clinical situations
- Provide supervision, training and training of registrars, junior medical staff and other health care team members
- Competitive remuneration package up to $432,617 p.a
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fantastic salary sacrifice benefits
- Lower cost of living and affordable housing and rental market
- Just over three hours' drive or a quick 45-minute flight from Brisbane
- Marine parks, wetlands, ancient rainforests and a stunning coastline of pristine, white sandy beaches on your doorstep
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist in General Surgery with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in the speciality of General Surgery, or equivalent qualification
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.