Senior clinical leadership position in a fully digital hospital.
Opportunity to influence positive change for the future
1.5 hour flight to Brisbane
- Fully digital hospital
This 236 bed state-of-the-art hospital is located in a sunny coastal location, only 1.5 hours flight from Brisbane. It is equipped with leading edge technology to provide the highest level of care to the communities it serves.
The Health Service is a contemporary organisation with over 2000 employees, providing extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 180,000 people.
It is proudly the first fully digital public hospital with medications management in a regional area.
- The Women’s Health Unit comprises maternity and specialist obstetrics and gynaecology services. On average 1,400 babies are born each year while providing holistic women-centred midwifery and gynaecological care. Mackay is a Baby-Friendly Accredited Hospital and the service aims to promote and maintain the health of women across the continuum.
- You will provide expert clinical services and leadership, and administer the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology within established budget.
- You will promote and implement contemporary concepts of patient safety and quality.
- You will educate medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff.
- You will actively participate in medical audits, research and service planning activities.
Live in a stunning coastal region in tropical Queensland.
Exceptional remuneration package.
Supportive hospital environment with a focus on education.
- 1.5 hour flight to Brisbane.
The historic town is filled with 1920s Art Deco buildings and public artworks, as well as a vibrant dining precinct.
Immerse yourself in nature and fall in love with the laid-back lifestyle.
Ocean, lake or river there are plenty of swimming and fishing locations to choose from.
Just 30 kilometres away lies green rolling hills and Australia’s longest stretch of sub-tropical rainforest where you will find unique wildlife, bushwalking tracks and pristine billabongs.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship to The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG).
- License to operate a C-class vehicle.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.