Balance a rewarding career and an inspiring lifestyle when you make the move to Hobart.
- Leadership opportunity focusing on clinical, governance & reform
- Vibrant and exciting city
- Fixed term contract ending 30 June 2023
Statewide Mental Health Services is a key clinical service stream of the Tasmanian Health Service. The service provides Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Health Services and Correctional Primary Health across Tasmania.
Mental Health Services-South delivers care to the Greater Hobart region through the following: Adult Community Mental Health teams operating in Hobart and Southern Districts, Glenorchy and Northern Districts and Clarence and Eastern Districts; Acute hospital services including short-term intensive care via the Mental Health Hospital in the Home Unit; Extended treatment units including Millbrook Rise Centre Extended treatment, Mistral Place Step down, Tolosa Street Step up and Rehabilitation.
- As Clinical Director - Community and Mental Health Services, you will provide strategic leadership and clinical direction across a number of designated business units, ensuring service standards and financial targets are achieved.
- You will collaborate with the Executive team and provide authoritative advice on a range of clinical, administrative, reform related and governance matters.
- You will act as an expert resource to service based and community mental health professionals and health service providers.
- You will undertake supervisory responsibilities with consultants and other medical staff.
- You will participate in an after-hours on call roster, as required.
- Remuneration package up to $550,000 p.a.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Specialist or limited registration with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP).
- Post-graduate qualifications desirable.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.