Live and work where the outback meets the ocean and enjoy a great work/life balance
- Remuneration from $400,130 - $502,214 p.a
- Share your extensive clinical experience in child and adolescent mental health
- Modern, well equipped hospital
This is the largest country health system in Australia. You will be based at a 60 bed inpatient facility and the largest hospital in this region. Case mix, including acuity and activity is highly varied, with 25 000 presentations per year to the Emergency Department. Facilities include operating theatres, consulting rooms for visiting specialists, a public dental surgery, refurbished maternity unit and an expanded emergency department which has more than doubled in size to 15 acute bays.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be responsible for the provision of specialist medical psychiatric services to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) team
- You will be accountable for the clinical management of children and adolescent patients (including families and carers) as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- You will will provide clinical leadership, assessment, treatment, liaison and a consultation service across the age groups 0-18 years & 18-25 years
- This is a fixed term full time appointment until 18/01/2026, with the possibility of extension(s)
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment packages in line with the As per the WA Health System Medical Practitioners AMA Industrial Agreement 2016
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with a relaxed coastal lifestyle
- This region has stunning arid desert areas, gorges, sandy beaches, escarpments, rainforests, waterfalls, vast open plains, river valleys and cave systems
- Regular daily flights to/from Perth
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- Have extensive clinical experience in child and adolescent mental health and knowledge in biological and psychotherapeutic interventions
- Experienced in working in community based mental health services and training postgraduates and clinical supervisory skills is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.