A rewarding and fulfilling Career Medical Officer role in which to share your expertise.
- Varied professional challenges
- Enjoy the lifestyle benefits available to you in country NSW
- Only 1 hour from Canberra and the ACT
This Local Health District has a mission for keeping people healthy and in the community by providing world-class clinical services with timely access and effective infrastructure.
This small regional hospital is a 41 bed facility with renal and oncology outpatient services onsite with a 24 hour Accident and Emergency department. The hospital opened its new ED department in 2020 and manages a wide range of trauma. It enjoys excellent relationships with the local tertiary hospital, ambulance and retrieval services as well as mountain medical centres and local GP's.
- As Career Medical Officer, you will provide high quality and safe clinical care to patients across the hospital setting
- Provide best practice evidence based clinical services to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Undertake supervision and education within the clinical environment of junior medical staff and other relevant staff to foster safe clinical practice
- Communicate with staff and clinicians to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Actively participate in risk management and quality programs to improve organisational processes and own practices
- Participate in an equitable medical roster, including evenings and weekend shifts
- Salary as per the NSW Award
- Indicative salary $127922 - $220262 plus allowances and benefits
- One hour's drive to Canberra and the ACT
- Set among rolling plains, legendary rivers and snow covered peaks, the largest town in the Snowy Mountains region and the gateway to the state's alpine area
- Airport links to major Australian cities
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience working as a single practitioner in charge of hospital for at least 12 months at the level of PGY 4 and above
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.