This position offers a unique destination to live; whether you seek a tree change, snow-white beaches or a welcoming community.
- Position primarily based in the Acute Psychiatric Unit
- Challenging work and satisfying career development
- Remuneration up to $350,619 per annum
The Goldfields Health Service consists of two main health campuses located in Kalgoorlie and Esperance, and three smaller hospitals located in Laverton, Leonora and Norseman.
Kalgoorlie Hospital is a 106-bed general hospital and is the second largest regional public hospital in Western Australia. It services more than 50,000 residents as well as outlying towns, and rural and remote communities. There is an emergency department and the hospital provides a range of services including an oncology unit, obstetric services, maintenance renal dialysis unit, paediatric services, palliative care unit, physiotherapy, occupational health, audiology, dietetics, podiatry and social work.
The Mental Health Service consists of a 6-bed inpatient unit and community services for all ages. Consultation liaison services are provided to the general hospital and other small hospitals in the region.
- You will primarily work at the Acute Psychiatric Unit, at Kalgoorlie Hospital.
- The position reports to the Director Clinical Services – Mental Health and works with a team that includes Consultant Psychiatrists, Senior Medical Practitioner and Resident Medical Officer - Psychiatry.
- You will participate in the psychiatric on call roster.
- Supervise other medical staff, as required.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Remuneration up to $329,660 - $350,619 per annum.
- The hospital is 600 kilometres from Perth and a hub for the Rural Clinical School of Western Australia.
- Kalgoorlie is a sophisticated regional centre and has excellent schools.
- The area offers a host of things to see and do for all ages and interests, including stunning coastal scenery and natural attractions, peaceful bush walks and well-maintained campgrounds.
- Eligible for registration by the Medical Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated experience and ability working at a senior, unsupervised level of practice.
- Experience working with patients across all age groups.
- Wide range of experience across community and hospital based mental health services.
- Eligible for or possession of a current driver’s licence.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.
For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now.