Join a busy ACEM accredited department and enjoy the quality work/life balance that Tasmania has to offer.
- Full or part-time opportunity
- Accredited department with a focus on education
- Laid back, affordable lifestyle
You will be working in an innovative and dynamic regional health service that encompasses two hospitals 45 minutes apart. You will be working in a modern facility that provides acute care facilities and is a University Teaching Hospital for the Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania.
The emergency department sees on average 70 patients per day with an admission rate of 15%, of which half are short stay admission and transfers to another higher facility. The hospital has 3 months training with ACEM as a special skills post and is also active in training doctors for the emergency medicine certificate and diploma courses.
- As a Career Medical Officer - Emergency Medicine you will provide specialist emergency medical care to patients attending the emergency department
- You will join a collegiate team with diverse skills and a common culture of safe patient and staff care
- Opportunity to supervise junior staff in the department
- In addition, there would be opportunity to work part time and also do some GP work if desired
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Contemporary, well equipped work environments
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive salary package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Tasmania offers a brilliant lifestyle for families, with affordable housing, excellent access and choice of education located within strong and vibrant rural and urban centres
- Registered or eligible for General registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligibility for the competent authority pathway required
- A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience
- Current Driver's Licence
- Evidence of current Advanced Life Support or equivalent Emergency Life support Course certification and up-to-date resuscitation skills
- Possess an ED Certificate or ED Diploma with the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine or be working towards one or both, is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.