Work in a location home to some of Tasmania's most beautiful natural attractions.
- Attractive salary and allowances for part-time working
- A friendly and positive team environment
- Thrive professionally and personally
You will be working in a 300-bed public hospital that treats over 24,000 inpatients and over 225,000 outpatients every year. There is a strong emphasis on medical education and due to its accredited teaching hospital status, the hospital also enjoys close links with both the University of Tasmania, as well as the School of Nursing, which is also based here.
The dedicated acute mental health service provides both inpatient and outpatient services. Currently the service operates a 20 bed inpatient facility and community mental health services with clinic-based and community settings. In addition, the service operates a crisis assessment team service and both older persons, and children and adolescent mental health services.
- As Specialist Psychiatrist, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care
- You will provide a comprehensive general adult inpatient and community psychiatric service
- Act as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including general practitioners and other agencies, with regard to the assessment and management of individuals with mental health disorders
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatric Registrars and other medical staff as required/appropriate
- This is permanent part time day work with on call working 38 hours per fortnight
- Base salary $152,181- $213,316 per annum
- Allowances and additional benefits include on call, call back, and election to participate in the Private Patient Plan, superannuation and access to salary packaging, relocation and accommodation assistance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in additional to annual leave entitlements
- Flexible work/life balance
- Affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/life balance
- Convenience of being one hour flight away from Melbourne
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.